Day 7 we went on a hike to some waterfalls and a water hole. Josh and Kiersten had gone their a couple of years ago and did some cliff jumping. It was a really nice hike. We wore our swimsuits to swim in the hole. I had a tank top over the top of my swimming suit and didn't think I would need bug spray. That was a bad idea!! They ate me alive! Jeremy said at one point he looked at my back and there were like 30 mosquitoes and he said it was disgusting. Terry went on the whole hike with his crutches. It was a cool place but I was chicken to cliff jump. I was also worried about having the kids their. It wasn't the most kid friendly especially without life jackets. We did go play around part of the river. TJ was crawling all over the rocks and fell back on his head. I was right by him also. Oh well it bled just a little bit. I forgot to take my camera on the hike. Jeremy and I hiked all the way down to make sure it was the right one. Then on our way back we met the others so we went back down. I have to say that I think my exercising helped me enjoy the hike a lot more.
On day 8 we got up early to leave for home. We were maybe a couple of hours away from Wendover and we got a flat on the trailer. Jeremy and I heard a pop and the ride was rough but we just thought it was the road. Then Amber came driving up beside us and told us that pieces of tire were hitting her windshield.
Then we hit some really strong winds. The trailer was jam packed with furniture so we were stuffing coolers and totes and suitcases any where we could. A cooler and a water cooler were underneath the horse trailer part in the truck. They were just floating in mid air. It was sort of cool. I had also put a laundry basket laying down with some clothes in it, so we almost had our undies flying out! There was a lid to a tote that flew off and out. In Tooele hit some really bad rain storms. So getting home took a couple hours longer. The weather was nice, rainy and cool though. I really didn't want to come home back to life but it was nice to be back home.
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment