This year we finally got a garden in. Last spring it was so wet and we kept forgetting to borrow the in-laws tiller so we didn't get one in. The year before that I went on bed rest so the garden went to pot. I have this thing with not all my seeds coming up in the row. I don't know if it's because the seeds are old or what. I've been reading a lot of pioneer books lately and they always talk about big gardens and I just wonder if they ever had the same problem. The picture below is my row of beans. I am very proud of this row because every seed actually sprouted! I bought them this year and all of my other seeds last year. Do you see my pea row? What you don't see the peas? Yes I can't get peas to grow. My older wiser brother who is a much better gardener told me peas hate the sun. Oops. I guess that's why the pea Sariah planted in the shade looks a whole lot better than any of my peas! I have some cherry tomatoes growing and I'm so excited to eat them!
Our backyard is fairly big and it doesn't have a single tree so we bought and planted one. I'm very happy that it has not died yet. I can't wait to see it in the fall. From the tag I assume the leaves will turn a bright red.

No comments:
Post a Comment