We got to the hospital and I was dialated to a five! I dialated rather quickly and got an epidural at a 6. With the girls I always got the epidural at a 3. They funny thing is I was breathing how they told me to and it did actually help!! Of course I was still in pain and wanted the drugs but it helped until I got them. From the time we got in the hospital and all checked out it was about one am. So the labor at the hospital only lasted about 2 hours. That was really nice!! It was also the easiest labor all over out of the three kids.
After he was born they rushed him into the other room so neither Jeremy nor I were able to hold him and still haven't been able to. He was about 5 weeks early so he is in the NICU. He is on a ventilator and has a couple iv's. Tonight they are going to put a picc line in. He is so adorable and a good looking baby. I can't hold him until he can breathe on his own. I hope it is soon! They said he is a very active baby and gets mad at being poked and prodded so they have to sedate him often.
The girls were able to visit him for a little while today. I think Sariah was worried but like being able to see him. Emily was really cute. She would touch his foot. She was looking at the other babies and she would say this my baby brother. Then on the way back to the room she kept saying her brother like she was a proud older sister.
So sorry this is such a long post and if I added a little too much info!

4 comments:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exciting! That's so cool that you're labor was so quick. I had 3 c-sections, so I have no idea what you're talking about..:) Sounds like your TJ is like our JT (Jacob Timothy) - very active...jacob just turned 1 a few weeks ago and gets more personality (ie: stubborn) each day. A very, very big personality. Which of course, we love. Hope you heal quickly and get LOTS of help!
We are so happy that he has arrived and that you are both safe. We hope that he continues to develop so that you will soon be able to cuddle and take home. Congratulations for the first Shoemaker grandson! We can't wait to meet him!
I'm so glad for you! It's always good to have that hard part over with. I'll be looking forward to seeing you back home.
Love, Nancy
Congrats! I had no idea you were even pregnant. That's the way news spreads in the Baird family I guess :)
Post a Comment