Thursday, October 28, 2010

Update on TJ

I think about a week ago they moved TJ. He got a nice room to himself with a window with a very nice view. While he was in there his billirubin went down. So I got to dress him in some of the new clothes I got at the baby shower. I also got to wrap him up in his blanket. No more naked boy!!

A couple of days later though they moved him again. He was moved into the NICU overflow on the pediatrics floor. It is very ghetto. There are two other babies in there and it is very crowded. After he was moved his billrubin spiked so he was naked boy again.

Tonight was a very good night! I nursed him and he drank 31 milliliters. He has to get to 62. We were just hoping he would get to 20 and tonight he flew by it! I also got to give him a bath. It was so much fun! It's been so long since I've washed and clothed a baby!

So he is doing fine. He gets to go home once he learns how to eat. Unfortunately it is a painfully slow process. Everyone keeps telling me once he learns he'll take off. I've been told that so many times I just want to scream!!

Grandma Shoemaker holding him for the first time. Emily the proud big sister.


Very cute outfits that his Aunt Kara and Uncle Nate gave him.


Cute blanket that his Aunt Amber made him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so good! What a cutie! I hope he continues to progress quickly!

TimothyandJessica said...

I'm glad things are going well. I hope you get to take him home soon!

bandjbaird said...

What a handsome little guy. Hope he keeps chuggin the milk so he can be home soon!