Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pumpkins 4 Sale


Grandma Shoemaker had planted a ton of pumpkins and about 45 grew. She let Sariah have some to try and sale. I'm sad because I forgot to take a picture of her selling them all. I did take a picture of all the pumpkins though. On Friday afternoon Sariah made a sign on a posterboard. It looked very nice. She said big ones for $2 little ones for $1. We had a little disagreement on how much they should be. She either wanted to sell them for $5 or .05 cents. We set it up at about 4 o'clock. About an hour later Sariah got tired of it and said nobody was buying any. I told her that she had to have patience and that it would take awhile for people to start buying. We had about 11 pumpkins. Two teenagers came by and bought two big ones for $2 each. Our next door neighbor lady came by and bought two small ones for $1 each. A little boy across the street bought three pumpkins for only about .30 cents. It kind of bothered me but Jeremy said who cares. It was kind of nice cuz we could see him carving the pumpkins across the street. We also sold four pumpkins for $1 each to my friend Diane. So she made $10.30 selling pumpkins!! Afterwards I had Sariah fill out a tithing slip so she payed tithing on what she made. I thought it was cute she also learned a lesson. After she started selling some she said to me "You were right mom. I just needed to be patient!".

3 comments:

Denys said...

wow! what a big girl. Way to go on teaching her about tithing. Good Job Mom! What is your due date?

Jillyn said...

I'm due on November 18. I'm hoping that the doctor will take him one or two weeks early.

Janean said...

Fun and cute!